Friday, April 28, 2023

Final Post




Technology, social media, and artificial intelligence are all things that have infiltrated our society and daily lives. While these new technologies can be extremely innovative and beneficial, there are a few downsides to these devices. For me, my phone has become a big part of my daily life. All of my news, connecting with friends, posting pictures, and so much more come from my phone! Having my device around me at all times has become such a staple in my life, I don't think that I could see myself today without it. Though information and news is so easily accessible from a phone, it's very important to keep in mind it might not always be true. Misinformation is everywhere in the media today, so it's crucial to check all sources before passing information along. 

As for how phones and social media play a role within my friendships and family members, I would say it mostly has a positive impact. Connecting with friends and family has never been easier. All of my cousins, aunts and uncles, all at the click of the text or share of an instagram post. Communicating with loved ones is simple and easy through phones and social media. A few downsides to unlimited social media and phone access would consist of social isolation and decreased physical activity. Though when managed properly, phones and social media make connecting with others quick and easy.

With social media shaping our lives every step of the way from what we post, say online, and even the things we thumbs up, we must always be very conscious of what we are putting on the internet due to our digital footprint. A digital footprint is the trail of data you leave behind when engaging in anything on social media. Employers, family members, colleagues or anyone with access to the internet can access this information which could potentially shape their perception of you for the better, or worse. 

Phones and social media are one of the greatest inventions of our time. From communicating to anyone at the click of a button, to having a fully functioning laptop in your hands at all times, the greatness of this technology is undeniable. With properly managed time and a balanced lifestyle, these devices can be a great tool for us to use in all aspects of our life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment